Mosby's Pocket Guide to Nursing Skills & Procedures, 9th Edition
, is a concise, pocket-sized study tool and clinical reference having 85 key nursing skills in a convenient, A-to-Z format. Step-by-step instructions include full-color photos plus rationales explaining why and how to use specific techniques to help you troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them. With the latest in evidence-based practice this essential guide is a great tool to help you safely and effectively perform core nursing skills.
- Clear, two-column format shows you how to perform skills, with rationales for each step explaining the reason behind the practice and the benefit to patients.
- Alphabetical organization of skills makes it easy to find information quickly.
- Safety alerts highlight important information for patient safety and effective performance of skills.
- Special Considerations address teaching, the home care setting, and care modifications for pediatric and geriatric patients.
- Documentation guidelines include a bulleted list of what should be reported and recorded in the patient records.
- Unexpected outcomes and related interventions help you to troubleshoot potential problems and take appropriate actions to address them.