The Manchester Triage System (MTS) is the most widely used triage system in the UK, Europe and Australia, with tens of millions of patients being processed through hospital emergency departments. It is also used in hospitals throughout Brazil.
Emergency Triage,3rd Edition contains all the information necessary for an MTS user: as such, it is an essential text for all emergency department staff, in particular triage nurses. The book is both a training tool and a reference for daily use in the Emergency Department and prehospital settings.
- Well-organized and well-written
- Updated evidence-based concepts of triage for modern emergency departments
- New charts for abuse and neglect in childhood, unwell newborn, unwell baby
- A new approach to fever in childhood
- An introduction to telephone triage and advice
This edition features revised protocols that reflect new approaches to prioritisation, with accompanying revised flowcharts - the core part of the book.
ISBN 10: 1118299051
ISBN 13: 9781118299050