MA Notes: Medical Assistant's Pocket Guide
provides all of the commonly used, but rarely memorized information you need— from normal lab values and common medical abbreviations to dosage calculations, triage questions, and more. Thoroughly revised and updated, the 3rd Edition puts the latest information and practices at your fingertips.
New to this Edition
- NEW! Brand-new tab for Patient Education, (content now required for CAAHEP accreditation,) that covers the common health issues you’ll encounter in practice, including disease prevention, healthy lifestyles, and CPR.
- NEW! Coverage of the electronic submission of claims.
- Must-have information on the front and back office…
- Billing and coding tips
- OSHA regulations
- Assisting with specialty exams
- Well child and sick child care
- Office surgical procedures
- Patient education
- Spanish terms
- Organizational and recordkeeping tools.
- Electronic Medical Records information.
- Nutritional and dietary information.
- Adult immunization schedule.
- Basic ECG procedures.
- Updated list of the most prescribed drugs and their effects.
- IV drip rates, drug calculation formulas, and basic math review.
- Updated and expanded list of frequently-used Spanish terms.