Nurses' Guide to Clinical Procedures
provides step-by-step instructions for over 200 common nursing procedures. This latest update is based on the 6th
edition and 2010
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Each procedure is organized according to the nursing process, including assessment, sample diagnoses, planning, desired outcomes, implementation, evaluation, and documentation. Planning sections emphasize individual client needs and include pediatric, geriatric, home health, cultural, end-of-life, and delegation considerations. Implementation sections present specific steps and rationales. Icons highlight cultural considerations and cost-cutting tips.
Learning features put expertise at your fingertips:
- A quick-reference clinical-support tool designed to serve students in all types of educational programs and practicing nurses in any clinical setting
- Section overviews highlight the basic principles underlying each procedure
- Bulleted lists make essential facts easy to remember
- Planning sections help you tailor each care plan to the individual patient's needs
- Documentation samples for each procedure build sound practice performance
- Nursing process documents desired outcome and its evaluation in a narrative format