Fully addressing the changes implemented in the new NCLEX-PN® Test plan, and with additional content review and more than 3000 questions, this invaluable tool addresses every client need category and subcategory on the 2005 Test Plan.
This resource's purposes are to provide the candidate for practical/vocational nurse licensure with a concise review of the information necessary to pass the NCLEX-PN licensing examination and to assist the candidate to apply this information in simulated clinical situations by using effective test-taking skills.Strikes the right balance between content review outlines and questions and integrated tests.
- Fully integrates the 2005 NCLEX-PN® Test Plan.
- Introduction contains information about the new test plan and alternative item format questions, and offers study and test-taking tips.
- New and updated information on Gerontological Nursing, Pharmacology, Nutrition and Diet Therapy, and Leadership/Management/Delegation.
- Newly added tables summarizes Cultural Considerations for Client Care and other updated content review for Maternal, Peds, Med-Surg, Psych, and Procedures sections.
- More than 300 alternate item format questions integrated.
- Includes four integrated tests, each containing 205 questions - the maximum number on the NCLEX-PN® itself!
- Provides basic information on the development, administration, and scoring of the NCLEX-PN and how to prepare for and take the examination.
- Includes reviews of maternity nursing, pediatric nursing, medical-surgical nursing, gerontological nursing, and psychiatric-mental health nursing.
- Thousands of individual questions with no duplication!
- Strikes the right balance between content review outlines and questions and integrated tests.
- Answer statements include rationales for the correct and incorrect choices, nursing process step, integrated processes, and client need category.
ISBN 10: 803614594
ISBN 13: 978-0803614598