ABC of Diabetes
, 7th Edition, provides primary care practitioners with a practical guide to all aspects of diabetes including the aetiology, diagnosis and management of Types 1 and 2 diabetes, detection and prevention, and the organization of care and support.
New to this Edition
- Advances in diabetes care take place at a rapid rate and this new edition is updated throughout to cover the latest evidence-based information for contemporary practice.
- A new chapter describes the management of severe and complex obesity complicated by diabetes and the management of patients through bariatric surgery.
- It also covers the growing number of devices and digital technology, including health informatics, that can assist in diabetes care and provides evidence of their benefit.
- With more links to useful websites and resources online, it is now easier than ever to keep up-to-date with changes.
- A comprehensive view of the practical issues relating to diagnosis and treatment of diabetes together with very practical advice on the management of its complications
- Covers the early recognition of diabetes and cardiovascular risk as well as preventing complications specific to diabetes
- Addresses the need to deliver diabetes care in a multidisciplinary setting, including the UK Quality and Outcomes Framework, and reflects the increasing emphasis on self-management and patient-centred care, particularly as it relates to lifestyle changes, glycaemic control and patient choice over treatment options
- Contains information on retinopathy, peripheral neuropathies, autonomic neuropathy, diabetic nephropathy, cardiovascular disease, pregnancy and many more
- Sections include Insulin treatment, Hypoglycemia, Diabetic ketoacidosis and management of diabetes during pregnancy
- Gives concise and clear explanations and full-color images
ISBN 10: 111885053X
ISBN 13: 9781118850534