Mosby's Critical Care Drug Reference is a critical care drug resource that covers all of the drugs commonly administered in critical care settings, as well as those prescription, over-the-counter, and complementary and herbal preparations that have an impact on a patient's health while in the critical care setting. Its authoritative content has been carefully tailored to meet the needs of critical care providers.
Includes specific information related to hemodynamics and the use of vasoactive and other medications for life support, and it provides expanded information about complications of many routinely used medications that may go unrecognized. This resource will be useful in identifying possible medication-related symptoms to facilitate prompt and effective patient management in the critical care setting.
- More than 500 up-to-date drug monographs focus on the drugs and the types of drug information that critical care providers need to know for day-to-day clinical practice.
- Organized into two parts: Part 1 covers selected drug classifications in quick-reference tables. Part 2 is an A-Z drug reference consisting of concise, critical care-focused drug monographs.
- Each drug monograph includes Critical Care Considerations such as administration and handling, precautions, monitoring, and serious reactions, that are clinically oriented and focused on the unique needs of critical care providers.
- Unique "Overdose/Toxicity" and "Antidote/Dialysis" sections provide essential content to help you manage drug-related emergencies.
- Includes clinically important over-the-counter and complementary/herbal agents that can have profound implications for patients in critical care settings.
- Selected monographs highlight key interactions with common herbal preparations.
- Various indices like Trade Name, Combination drugs, Drug category, Chemical class and Therapeutic index facilitate quick information retrieval.
- Appendices cover quick-reference information that is vital in the critical care setting
ISBN 10: 323031676
ISBN 13: 978-0323031677
Provide instant access from within topics to
- Body Surface Area
- IV Infusion Rate mL/hr
- PO Dosage Calculator - Capsule
- IV Dose Rate
- IV Dosage Calculators for Infusion of a Dose
- Infusion of a Dose per Patient Weight
- Infusion of a Volume
- Infusion of a Volume with Calibrated Tubing
- PO Dosage Calculator - Liquid
- Pediatric Dose Based on Body Surface Area Calculator and many more!