Written by experts at the Johns Hopkins Hospital, this reference covers all of the essential topics encountered in daily practice. It concisely discusses all diseases and disorders in an easy-to-follow, standardized outline format. Each section includes sections on pearls and pitfalls, differential diagnoses, algorithms, and reviews of the most current literature. And, comparative pharmacology tables provide instant access to essential information.
- Presents a wealth of algorithms that aid in diagnosis and management.
- Integrates evidence-based medicine and rationales throughout, with conclusions based on current, key references
- Discusses co-morbidities in each section as well as at-risk populations
- Offers a "Fast Facts" section that provides appendices on lab values, pregnancy and medical therapeutics, drug interactions, IV preparation and administration, drugs in renal failure, immunization therapies, infection control and critical care formulas
- Presents 29 new sections, including Gastrointestinal Disorders in HIV-Positive Patients, Bioterrorism, Acid-Base Disorders, Stroke, Sarcoidosis, Vasculitis, and many more
- Offers a handy, quick-reference summary of ID isolation guidelines
ISBN 10: 0323037488
ISBN 13: 9780323037488
Over 50 calculators provide instant access from within topics including:
- A-a Gradient
- Anion Gap - Serum
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Corrected Serum Calcium
- Glasgow Coma Scale
- Hepatitis Discriminant Function
- Ranson's Score
- Winter's Formula
- IV Infusion Rate
- Heart Rate and more.