Find the essential information you need to safely administer more than 400 intravenous drugs! For nearly 50 years, Elsevier’s Intravenous Medications: A Handbook for Nurses and Health Professionals has been a trusted resource for complete, accurate drug information in a concise, quick-access format. New to the 2023 edition are 10 monographs of the most recent IV drugs to be approved by the FDA, in addition to updated drug uses, interactions, precautions, alerts, and patient teaching instructions for all current IV drugs. Known as the #1 IV drug handbook on the market, this annual publication is ideal for use in critical care areas, at the nursing station, in the office, and in public health and home care settings.
Detailed monographs on more than 400 IV drugs provide an impressive breadth of coverage that goes well beyond any comparable drug reference.
- Individual monographs include the drug name, phonetic pronunciation, usual dose, dilution, compatibility, rate of administration, actions, indications and uses, contraindications, precautions, interactions, side effects, antidote, and more.
- Highlighted Black Box Warnings make it easy to locate information on medications with serious safety risks.
- Blue-screened text calls attention to special circumstances not covered by Black Box Warnings.
- Dosage and dilution charts within monographs provide quick summaries of essential clinical information.
- Life-stage dosage variances are highlighted for geriatric, pediatric, infant, and neonatal patients.
- Convenient, A-to-Z format organizes all drug monographs by generic name, allowing students to find any drug in seconds.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
NEW! Drug monographs for 10 newly approved drugs by the FDA include the most current information.
- NEW! Updates on drug uses, interactions, precautions, alerts, and more are included throughout the guide to reflect changes to existing medications
ISBN 10: 0323931804
ISBN 13: 9780323931809