Everything you need to know about caring for patients—in one portable "must have" handbook! Clear, but comprehensive discussions of pathophysiology, with rationales in the medications and laboratory sections, explain the scientific basis for the nursing care. Thoroughly revised and updated throughout, the 6th Edition incorporates the latest scientific advances and the practice of nursing today.
- Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs) for each disorder
- The primary nursing diagnosis for each disease and disorder
- Diagnostic tables that make test results easy to reference
- The newest information available on the genetic basis of the diseases and disorders
- Up-to-date explanations of the physiology of the disorders and how it related to risks and complications
- Collaborative and independent interventions
- Pharmacological tables that outline the dosages, mechanisms of action, and rationales of the drugs most commonly used for a disorder
- Separate headings for psychosocial issues
- Outlines for required documentation
- Home care and discharge guidelines and patient teaching checklists
- Evidence-based practice section
- Global health considerations that reflect the issues that transcend national borders
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Must-know information on nearly 240 disorders.
- Coverage for each disorder, including causes, pertinent physical and psychosocial findings, primary nursing diagnoses, and collaborative and independent nursing interventions
- Diagnosis Related Groups (DRG) for each disorder, plus documentation information on average length of stay and home healthcare guidelines
- Lifespan considerations.
- Information on genetics differences in health and disease conditions and considerations based on ethnicity and ancestry.