An enlightening clinical reference for students and clinicians working in women's health. It focuses on the most commonly seen disorders and conditions of adult women, including those that occur pre- and post-partum; signs and symptoms, including those that occur in pregnancy and menopause; and various methods of contraception. This is the reference your students will refer to in clinical practice and long after they graduate.
- Discusses 81 disorders commonly seen in adult women
- Contains 26 common complaints, danger signs, and complications of pregnancy, and 6 post-partum complications
- Reviews growth and developmental stages of the healthy adult female
- Covers principles of promoting health and the essentials of good nutrition
- Discusses ways to promote a healthy pregnancy and to manage the complications of pregnancy and delivery
- Contains a section on menopause
- Discusses various approaches for assessing the client and obtaining all essential information in a timely fashion
- Each monograph includes definition, etiology, occurrence, age, ethnicity, gender, contributing factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, sequelae, prevention/prophylaxis, referral guidelines, education, and references
- Rationales added to differential diagnoses that helps differentiate one disorder from another
- Complementary therapies added to treatment section
- Psychosocial issues discussed
- Organized by anatomical areas in a head-to-toe approach
- Each disorder contains an overview of the essential elements to focus on during assessment
- ICD-9 codes added to all the disorders
With Skyscape's patented smARTlink™ technology, NpWomens™ can easily cross-index with other titles from Skyscape to provide a powerful and integrated source of clinical information that you can carry with you anytime and anywhere!