This information-packed, easy-to-use pocket guide serves both as a reference for nurses working in clinical settings and as a student text for programs that offer condensed coverage of health assessment. Organized by body systems, the focus of this updated edition remains on assessing, documenting, and reporting the current status and changes in the condition of patients for all age groups.
- Added focus on pain assessment and documentation, which is now required by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations (JCAHO).
- Expanded coverage of dental history and problems, obesity and diabetes, assessment of mental symptoms and behavior, and abuse and/or neglect.
- Additional color figures further illustrate procedures. Tables and appendices are revised and updated.
- More pediatric coverage on breast development for children, abuse, and asthma.
- More geriatric coverage on assessing edema, circulation and skin problems, nutritional needs, medications, and vitamins.
- Focuses on health promotion and wellness, community resources, payment mechanisms, specialized communication techniques based on age, ethnicity, and culture, and the use of alternative and complementary therapies.
- Clinical alert sections detail, in color, special instructions for assessments or concerns related to findings.
With Skyscape's patented smARTlink™ technology, RnAssess4™ can easily cross-index with other titles from Skyscape to provide a powerful and integrated source of clinical information that you can carry with you wherever you go!
ISBN 10: 803617755
ISBN 13: 978-0803617759