This concise and invaluable resource will help prepare students and nurses for common psychosocial and psychiatric problems that can coincide with patients' medical problems. This latest update is based on the 2008
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
Psychosocial Nursing for General Patient Care bridges the gap between the information contained in the large, comprehensive psychiatric resources and the information needed to function effectively in a variety of healthcare settings.
- Useful for clinician to find the information to effectively handle specific patient problems.
- The nursing student can use this resource as a supplement to other resources and will be useful throughout nursing school curriculum.
- New sections on homeless with chronic illness and caring for patients in disaster.
- New interventions focusing on new anti-psychotic medications.
- Expanded coverage on dual diagnosis, emotional response to community disasters, preventing the escalation of violence and alternative and complementary treatments.
- The concise, quick reference format used throughout this resource allows the nurse to easily find information on a specific psychosocial problem commonly seen in practice.
- Organized to provide easy access to information on etiology, assessment, age-specific implications, nursing diagnosis and interventions, patient/family education, interdisciplinary management including pharmacology, and community based care.
ISBN 10: 0803617844
ISBN 13: 9780803617841
- Clinical Institute Withdrawal Assessment of Alcohol Scale, Revised (CIWA-AR)