Jones & Bartlett Learning 2019 Nurse's Drug Handbook is the most up-to-date, practical, and easy-to-use nursing drug reference. Updated annually, it provides accurate and timely facts on hundreds of drugs from A-Z. Written in a no-nonsense style that speaks your language in terms you use every day, it offers concise and consistently formatted drug entries organized alphabetically.
The 2019 Nurse is Drug Handbook, Key Features:
Index of all generic, trade, and alternate drug names
- Chemical and therapeutic classes, FDA pregnancy risk category, and controlled substance schedule
- Indications and dosages, as well as route, onset, peak, and duration information
- Incompatibilities and contraindications
- Interactions with drugs, food, and activities
- Adverse reactions
- Nursing considerations, including key teaching points for patients
- Mechanism-of-action illustrations
- Warnings and precautions
- Updated antineoplastic appendix
- 36 full antiviral entries
- Antiviral appendix updated to include only combination antivirals
NEW TO THIS EDITION
New drugs include: abacavir, abaloparatide, acyclovir, adefovir dipivoxil, angiotensin II, atazanavir, benralizumab, betrixaban, brivaracetam, brodalumab, daclatasvir, darunavir, delafloxacin, dolutegravir, droxidopa, dupilumab, efavirenz, elvitegravir, emtricitabine, enfuvirtide, entecavir, ertugliflozin, etelcalcetide, etravirine, famciclovir, foscarnet sodium, guselkumab, indinavir, lamivudine, letermovir, maraviroc, naldemedine, nelfinavir mesylate, nevirapine, ocrelizumab, oseltamivir phosphate, peramivir, pimavanserin, raltegravir, ribavirin, rilpivirine, ritonavir, safinamide, sarilumab, secnidazole, simeprevir, sofosbuvir, stavudine, telbivudine, tenofovir disoproxil fumarate, tipranavir, valbenazine, valacyclovir hydrochloride, valganciclovir hydrochloride, zanamivir, and zidovudine.