Dazed and confused by Nursing Fundamentals class? Problem solved: Fundamentals of Nursing Made Incredibly Easy!
makes it easy to learn the basics of nursing science, concepts and skills. Enjoy the light-hearted, real-life examples, and simple definitions of this popular book, packed with easy-to-follow instructions. You’ll quickly grasp the basics of nursing science and on-the-job skills and gain the confidence you need to succeed.
This essential, one-of-a-kind reference makes learning the fundamentals of nursing incredibly easy with . . . .
- NEW Info on social media and nursing
- NEW Info on current practice in wound care
- NEW Info on Healthy People 2020 health improvement program
- NEW Nutrition content updated to include MyPlate.gov healthy eating guidelines
- NEW Most current American Nursing Association practice standards
- Numerous care plan examples, including common nursing diagnoses, appropriate patient outcomes, and basis for each recommended treatment
- Fun drawings and cartoons make it simple to relate to skills and concepts
- Easy-to-read content offers simple definitions of technical medical terms
- Great refresher for new nursing grads and experienced nurses looking to renew their basic skills
Three easy sections:
- Foundational Concepts - Overview of nursing; basics of health and illness; ethical and legal considerations; the nursing process
- General Nursing Skills – Communication; health assessment; taking vital signs; asepsis and infection control; medication basics; medication administration; IV therapy
- Physiologic Needs – Oxygenation; patient self-care and hygiene; mobility, activity, and exercise; skin integrity and wound healing; comfort, rest, and sleep; pain management; nutrition; urinary elimination; bowel elimination
Illustrated features in each chapter include:
- Memory joggers – Simple tricks for remembering key info
- Teacher’s lounge – Patient-teaching tips on procedures, equipment and home care
- Ages and stages – Identifies issues and procedures where patient’s age impacts nursing care
- Just the facts – Brief outline of content at the start of every chapter
- Quick Quiz – NCLEX practice questions at end of every chapter
- Stay on the ball – Possible dangers, risks, complications, contraindications and safety measures
- Take note! – Tips on how to document patient info