EBM Guidelines is a unique, concise and easy-to-use collection of clinical guidelines for primary care combined with the best available evidence. Continuously updated EBM Guidelines follows the latest developments in clinical medicine and brings evidence into practice. The collection is the key source of practical information for primary care and a powerful tool reflecting real clinical experience
NEW TO THIS UPDATE:
- NEW! Added new topic “Coronavirus Infections”
- Concise primary care practice guidelines covering a wide range of medical conditions. Both diagnosis and treatment are included.
- High-quality evidence summaries supporting the given recommendations - a specific feature of the guidelines is the use of evidence codes (graded from A where strong evidence exists and further research is unlikely to change the conclusion, to D where the evidence is weak and the estimate of effect is uncertain)
- A library of high-quality photographs and images of all common and many rare dermatological conditions, electrocardiograms and eye pictures.
- The strength of evidence is graded from A-D making this title a quick and easy reference whenever and wherever you need it!
- Developed by over 300 experienced general practitioners and specialists worldwide
- An expanding collection of videos (currently over 60), showing clinical examinations and procedures, and ultrasonographic examinations
- Audio samples linked to articles, including descriptions of pulmonary diseases and heart murmurs in children
- Tools for the calculation of e.g. peak expiratory flow rate variation, body mass index and LDL cholesterol
- Provides physicians with fast and easy access to practice guidelines based on the best available research evidence
- Includes both diagnostic and therapeutic guidelines, and recommendations on diagnostic tests and drug dosage
- Presented in a user-friendly format with self-contained topics based on clinical subjects
- Clear and concise explanations of all available evidence results in the guideline for treatment
- Assumes no prior knowledge of EBM or statistics - all the work of searching and appraisal has been done for you!