Nurses’ Handbook of Health Assessment
puts details for assessing adults, children, and special populations at your fingertips. This mobile resource guides students and nurses through the first stage of patient care, helping them determine actual and potential problems and create a plan for care.
Nurses’ Handbook of Health Assessment employs a “see and do” approach that focuses on health history, physical examination, normal and abnormal findings, nursing interventions, and nursing diagnoses. This guide includes assessment of mental health and frail, elderly patients, as well as appendices with useful sample assessments and high quality images.
- Renowned three-column format showing assessment techniques, normal findings, and abnormal findings side by side to enhance comprehension.
- Step-by-step guidance clearly demonstrating the “what,” “why,” and “how” of each phase of the assessment process.
- The latest NANDA nursing diagnoses and updated teaching tips helping you promote patient self-care.
- Pediatric, geriatric, and cultural considerations for each body system showing important variations for these special populations.
- 230 high quality images
- 11 useful appendices
- New information on assessing mental status
- New information on assessing frail, elderly patients
- Quick lookup by topic or chapter