The essential guide to more than 450 of the most commonly performed diagnostic tests – updated with the latest molecular, genetic, and microbiological tests
A Doody's Core Title for 2017!
Guide to Diagnostic Tests, Seventh Edition is a concise guide to the selection and interpretation of more than 450 of the laboratory and microbiology tests most relevant to the general practice of medicine. This on-the-spot clinical companion also includes coverage of diagnostic imaging, electrocardiology, echocardiography, and the use of tests in differential diagnosis.
- Covers areas of internal medicine, pediatrics, surgery, neurology, and obstetrics and gynecology
- Over 25 new or substantially revised laboratory tests
- New and updated coverage of emerging and re-emerging pathogens and infectious agents,including the Zika and Ebola viruses
- Updated material on molecular and genetic tests, including pharmacogenetics tests
- An entire section of diagnostic algorithms
- Full literature citations with PubMed identification (PMID) numbers included for each reference
- Details costs and risks of various procedures and tests
- Full section on electrocardiography and echocardiography
If you’ve been looking for an authoritative, up-to-date, and easy-to-carry guide to the latest diagnostic testing procedures, your search ends here.
ISBN 10: 1259640892
ISBN 13: 978-1259640896