Want to cover EVERYTHING on the NCLEX-RN? HESI can help! The HESI Comprehensive Review for the NCLEX-RN® Examination
, 5th Edition provides a comprehensive, all-in-one review of the information you need to know to not only succeed on the NCLEX-RN exam but also on your program’s HESI exit exam. Written in an easy-to-read outline format, this trusted guide breaks down chapters by clinical areas and the concepts emphasized on the NCLEX-RN exam. Rationales are provided for any incorrect answers or areas of weakness to help strengthen your understanding.
- Chapters organized by clinical area enables you to easily search for various topics to review.
- HESI Hint boxes spotlight important clinical information and concepts commonly tested on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Critical thinking study questions (with rationales) reinforce key concepts and content.
- Fill-in-the-blank and prioritizing questions mirror the new alternate item format item types included on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Pharmacology tables highlight the need-to-know drug therapy content emphasized on the NCLEX-RN exam.
- Consistent format and chapter organization make it easy to move between topics when reviewing.
- NEW! Updated content reflects the latest NCLEX-RN test plan.
- NEW! Updated medications and nursing interventions have been added based on the latest evidence-based practice.
- NEW! Revised chapter on pediatric nursing includes an updated immunization chart, referral websites, and new content on children with disabilities and chromosomal and genetic syndromes.
- NEW! Revised chapter on maternity nursing features updated CPR guidelines and medications for neonatal cardiac arrest, as well as new HESI Hints that reflect new modalities such as fetal cell-DNA analysis and current screening tools.
- NEW! Revised chapter on psychiatric nursing includes new information on autism spectrum disorders, as well as updates on DSM 5 changes.
- NEW! Revised chapter on geriatrics features new content on polypharmacy in the elderly, the Geriatric Depression Scale as an assessment tool, the Mini-Cog tool for mental status assessment, and new information on elder mistreatment in various settings.