The Harriet Lane Handbook of Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy, 2nd edition
provides evidence-based recommendations for antimicrobial therapy appropriate for infants, children and adolescents.
From the experts at Johns Hopkins University, who bring you the best-selling Harriet Lane Handbook
, this easy-to-use mobile resource expands on the indispensable Harriet Lane formulary to help you effectively treat a broad spectrum of pediatric infections.
New to this Edition
- Make the best clinical decisions with up-to-date practice guidelines from the AAP, CDC, and other authoritative pediatric and infectious disease sources.
- Stay on top of the most effective treatments with leading-edge coverage of antiretroviral drugs for HIV and hepatitis; antimicrobial pharmacokinetic/pharmacodynamics (PK/PD) information; the latest Vancomycin therapeutic drug-monitoring recommendations; antimicrobial desensitization; pediatric developmental effects of antimicrobials approved in adults but not children; and much more.
- Depend on the professional wisdom of an expert author team, combined with the front-line input of current pediatric infectious disease fellows.
- Get all of the information you need to prescribe the correct drug and the appropriate dose through a detailed drug formulary, expanded from the popular Harriet Lane Handbook.
- Better manage persistent, hard-to-fight pediatric infections with a section on adverse effects and drug resistance.
- Information regarding safety, likely antimicrobial resistance, pharmacokinetics and distribution, as well as efficacy.
- Detailed discussions on antibiotic resistance and post exposure prophylaxis.
- Dedicated section on adverse effects and drug resistance.
- Essential resource for busy house officers and residents in pediatric departments.