Written "by residents, for residents" and reviewed by expert faculty at The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Lauren Kahl, MD and Helen K. Hughes, MD, MPH, The Harriet Lane Handbook, 21st Edition, remains your #1 source of pediatric point-of-care clinical information
. Updated and expanded content, as well as increased online coverage, keeps you fully current with new guidelines, practice parameters, and more. Easy to use, concise, and complete, this is the essential manual
for all health care professionals who treat children.
New to this Edition
- Updated and expanded content includes relevant laboratory workup for genetic conditions; sexually transmitted infections and pelvic inflammatory disease; nail disorders and disorders of pigmentation; treatment of acne; and fever of unknown origin, lymphadenopathy, and viral infections.
- Expanded coverage of pediatric procedures, including more ultrasound and ultrasound-guided procedures online.
- Restructured "Fluids and Electrolytes" chapter helps you perform rapid calculations at the bedside.
- Trusted by generations of residents and practitioners, offering fast, accurate information on pediatric diagnosis and treatment.
- The trusted and comprehensive Pediatric Drug Formulary updated by Carlton K. K. Lee, PharmD, MPH, provides the latest in pharmacologic treatment of pediatric patients.