An invaluable resource which explains the physiology and pathophysiology of major organ systems and pathogens with respect to pharmacotherapy and the mechanisms of drug action. This latest update is based on the 2nd
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Goodman & Gilman's The Manual of Pharmacology and Therapeutics
offers concise, authoritative coverage of class-specific and disease-specific drugs, organized primarily by organ/system.
- More than a pocket drug guide, this powerful resource covers:
- General Principles
- Modulation of Cardiovascular, Pulmonary, and Renal Function
- Inflammation, Immunomodulation, and Hematopoiesis
- Hormones and Hormone Antagonists
- Drugs Affecting Gastrointestinal Function
- Chemotherapy of Microbial Diseases
- Chemotherapy of Neoplastic Diseases
- Special Systems Pharmacology, including Environmental Toxicology
- Focuses on the principles of medical pharmacology and drug therapy and delivers coverage of all major drug classes
- New full color design and numerous tables, charts, and illustrations that highlight, explain, and summarize important information
- Essential for nursing, pharmacy, medical students and wherever knowledge of drug actions and interactions is required