Look no further for quick, complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests And Diagnostic Procedures covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all.
In Part I, you'll find a unique, alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. Part II presents key information on virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. All test entries are up-to-date, concise, complete, and consistently presented, making this resource the perfect choice for students or practitioners who need fast, accurate information on diagnostic tests.
- Over 600 diseases and symptoms are listed in Part I, with the most relevant tests identified for each.
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included in Part II, more than any other reference!
- Laboratory tests include : Procalcitonin; Calcium scoring; Vascular endothelial growth factor; Cerebral near-infrared spectroscopy; RD1 interferon assays for tuberculosis; and OraQuick rapid HIV test.
- Organized alphabetically, to make it easy to go to appropriate sections.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to help you quickly find what you're looking for.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, along with Panic Level Symptoms and Treatment for dangerously elevated levels.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan coverage.
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your patients and provide effective care.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, helping you diagnose patients for whom blood preservation is essential. You'll also see whether blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Special consent form requirements are indicated for appropriate tests.
- Guidance for client and family teaching helps you offer useful instruction concerning test preparation and follow-up care