Davis’s Drug Guide for Nurses® (DrugGuide™), Eighteenth Edition, 2022 Update delivers all the information you need to administer medications safely across the lifespan—well-organized monographs for hundreds of generic and thousands of trade-name drugs. Includes one year of online access with WebView
Search the complete 5,000-drug database and appendices quickly and efficiently.
- Build your knowledge with extensively cross-referenced drugs.
- Keep up to date with FDA drug news.
- Audio pronunciations for almost 890 generic drugs
- Over 700 built-in drug dosing calculation tools. Simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step without needing to switch to a separate drug dosing program.
Comprehensive coverage on over 1,400 drug monographs including more than:
5,000 trade and generic drugs as well as expanded coverage of herbal products
- 150 drug classifications, both therapeutic and pharmacologic (if available)
- 500 commonly used combination drugs, including the dosage amount of the active generic ingredient
- Most complete life-span drug dosing considerations for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients
LIFE-SAVING GUIDANCE ... AT A GLANCE
New! The AGS Beers Criteria for Potentially Inappropriate Medication Use in Older Adults
#1 Drug Guide for patient safety - More High Alert Coverage and Patient Safety Information than any other drug guide including:
Special highlights to identify High Alert Medications with high risks for patient injury and information throughout the monograph that explain what the nurse can do to ensure patient safety
"Do not confuse with" and "Do not crush, break, or chew" caution statements highlighted to support safe practice
- Information on how to prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADR)s.
- Explanations on how to administer medication safely by all routes – including signs and symptoms for toxicity and overdose, safe handling tips and how to educate patients for safe medication use in the home
- High alert medications - in-depth high alert and patient safety coverage
- Red, capitalized letters for life-threatening side effects
- REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategies) icon
- Drug-drug, drug-food, drug-natural product interactions
- Special considerations for patient populations.
- Geri heading identifies special concerns for older adults.
- OB and Lact headings highlight information for pregnant and breastfeeding patients.
- Pedi heading identifies concerns for children.
- Rep heading identifies considerations for patients of reproductive age.
- IV Administration subheads
- Pharmacogenomic content
- Canadian-specific content
- In-depth guidance for patient and family teaching
- NDC (National Drug Code) for 1300+ Monographs.
Expanded coverage on vulnerable populations including:
Indications and dosing recommendations for top 100 pediatric drugs
- Pediatric, geriatric, and OB medication administration considerations
- A complete immunization schedule
- Special techniques for administering medications to children
- Oral rehydration solutions
- Drugs and breast feeding
- List of drugs associated with increased number of falls in the elderly
ISBN 10: 1719646406
ISBN 13: 9781719646406