Each section is organised by drug class and follows a standard format for ease of use. Concise sections on pharmacology and indications for use are followed by detailed information on drug selection, initiation and maintenance of treatment and withdrawal. Adverse effects, contraindications and drug interactions are also reviewed in detail, along with issues such as treatment resistance and treatment evaluation.
Available on your mobile device, the Handbook of Psychiatric Drugs makes it easy to keep up-to-date with new developments. It is an invaluable resource for all clinicians who use psychiatric drugs to treat medical and psychiatric illness, and an informative read for all those with an interest in the subject.
- Sections are organised by drug class and follows a standard format for ease of use.
- Informat format that emphasizes ease of use and includes information about pharmacology, mechanism of action and pharmacokinetics, indications and methods of prescribing, side effects and drug interactions.
- Fast access to concise, targeted information on psychiatric drug therapies and psychiatric illness.
- Includes prescription medications in common use anywhere in the world.
- Sections on Antipsychotic Drugs, Antidepressants, Mood Stabilizers, Anxiolytic Drugs, Sedative-Hypnotic Agents, Psychostimulants.
- Valuable information on Cognitive enhancers and treatments for Alzheimer's Disease and drugs for treating substance abuse disorders.
ISBN 10: 1934323314
ISBN 13: 978-1934323311