This best-selling reference has been relied on for over 30 years by resident, practicing anesthesiologists and CRNA. This latest update is based on the 8th
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Handbook of Clinical Anesthesia Procedures of the Massachusetts General Hospital
an easy-to-scan outline format, it provides current, inclusive, concise, consistent, and clinically relevant guidelines for anesthesia, perioperative care, critical care, and pain management.
- It has been written, reviewed, updated, and field-tested by the internationally recognized Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine at the Massachusetts General Hospital
- This edition describes practices such as laryngeal mask airway use for thyroidectomy, paravertebral blocks, vagal nerve stimulators for epilepsy, episcleral blocks, and anesthesia for percutaneous lung biopsy
- New medications for hypertension and diabetes are discussed
- More changes are seen in the references on transfusion therapy, including updates on estimating blood volume in obese patients, transfusion-related acute lung injury, graft versus host disease, and the new data on the utility of aprotinin
- The intraoperative sections tackle multiple topics ranging from neuromuscular blockade monitoring to anesthesia outside of the operating room
- Includes 4 Calculators and 7 interactive flowcharts which act as step-by-step decision support tool
- Includes alphabetical drug appendix
- Comprehensive but concise content coverage