Screening Notes is a quick and user-friendly source for clinical implementation that is appropriate for all healthcare providers, regardless of practice setting. It empowers students and clinicians with the skills needed to thoroughly screen for medical conditions that may be outside their scope of practice. This handy reference also helps them to be more cognizant of the signs and symptoms of pathology that may influence their future interventions with their own clients.
- Puts information about the most common signs and symptoms of pathology at the provider's fingertips. "Red flags" compartmentalize pathologies that would be most probable in various stages of an individual’s life, helping the provider make clinical decisions that are prudent.
- Body systems (musculoskeletal, neuromuscular, cardiovascular, pulmonary, integumentary, gastrointestinal, hepatic, endocrine, and urologic) are covered within each of the life span sections.
- Includes questionnaires, lists and charts of signs and symptoms, and diagrams of methods of palpation of visceral structures.
- Includes normative values and standardized screening tools.
Provide instant access from within topics to relevant medical calculators including:
- Wells Clinical Score for Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Berg Balance Scale
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Braden Scale
- Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale (EPDS)
- Gait abnormality Rating Scale-Modified (GARS-M)
- Pediatric Balance Scale & Tinetti Assessment Tool