DrDrugs®: Drug Guide for Physicians, 2023 Update, sets new standards for drug references by increasing its focus on safe practice and effective patient care. Now, in addition to providing the most comprehensive, up-to-date
and practical drug information, DrDrugs includes over 700 built in drug dosing calculation tools
. Simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step without needing to switch to a separate drug dosing program.
This update comes with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
One of the main highlights of 18th edition is that it provides audio pronunciations for 1200+ generic drugs.
NEW IN THIS UPDATE :
Comprehensive coverage on over 1,400 drug monographs including more than:
- NEW! Added NDC (National Drug Code) for 1300+ Monographs.
- NEW! Added 22 New Monographs.
- NEW! 415 updated Monographs.
- NEW! Added 3 New Indices – BEERS, REMS (Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy), NDC.
Completely updated with expanded coverage on vulnerable populations including:
- 5,000 trade and generic drugs as well as expanded coverage of herbal products
- 150 drug classifications, both therapeutic and pharmacologic (if available)
- 500 commonly used combination drugs, including the dosage amount of the active generic ingredient
- Most complete life-span drug dosing considerations for adult, pediatric, and geriatric patients
More High Alert Coverage and Patient Safety Information than any other drug guide including:
- New indications and dosing recommendations for top 100 pediatric drugs
- Pediatric, geriatric, and OB medication administration considerations
- A complete immunization schedule
- Special techniques for administering medications to children
- Oral rehydration solutions
- Drugs and breast feeding
- List of drugs associated with increased number of falls in the elderly
Plus new integrated dosing calculators
- Special highlights to identify High Alert Medications with high risks for patient injury and information throughout the monograph that explain what the physician can do to ensure patient safety
- "Do not confuse with" and "Do not crush, break, or chew" caution statements highlighted to support safe practice
- Information on how to prevent administration errors, detect dosing and dispensing errors, and detect or prevent adverse drug reactions (ADR)s.
- Explanations on how to administer medication safely by all routes – including signs and symptoms for toxicity and overdose, safe handling tips and how to educate patients for safe medication use in the home
- Now, with over 700 built in weight-based drug dosing calculation tools, simply review a drug, calculate the dose and administer all in a single step, without needing to switch to a separate drug dosing program.