A Davis’s Notes Title, Perfect wherever you are…in class, in clinical, and in any practice setting! This handy guide delivers quick access to need-to-know information on DSM-5 disorders and treatments, psychotropic drugs, documentation, and patient education. No other resource delivers as much information in a format that’s as easy to read, easy to access, carry all the content on your mobile device.
Coverage of documentation • psychiatric medications, restraints and seclusion • DSM-5 disorders and treatments • and patient education and care
- Basic behavioral theories at a glance
- Key aspects of psychiatric and crisis interventions
- General mental status assessments and exams, with focused assessments for adult and geriatric populations, including mini-cognitive assessment instrument for dementia and rating scale for Lewy Body diseases
- Essential information on psychotropic drugs
- Client/family education tables, tips, and strategies
- Cultural considerations and assessment tool
NEW TO THIS EDITION
Addresses important topics such as Telepsychiatry and Teletherapy and more importantly Covid-19 and its effect on mental health, both on individuals as well as health care providers.
- Several new psychotropics — for tardive dyskinesia, PTSD, treatment-resistant depression, and also a new medication for schizophrenia.
- Crises that deal with Covid and PTSD as well as the military, and geriatrics in a clinical pocket companion.
- Multiaxial assessment, CAGE, self-administered patient health questionnaires 2 and 9, and many other assessment tools
- Clinical pearls throughout to provide practical on-the-spot advice
- UPDATED & REVISED! All content thoroughly reviewed, revised, and updated to incorporate the newest knowledge in the field, including new drugs and drug updates.
ISBN 13: 9781719645454