The Merck Manual of Patient Symptoms is a compact, handy resource that enables health care practitioners to evaluate patients accurately and begin treatment to relieve their symptoms. This latest update is based on the 2008
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
This clear, convenient, and thorough resource for common symptoms is ideal for Medical students doing clinical rotations, Nurse practitioners (NPs), Physician assistants (PAs) and Students training to become NPs and PAs.
- Etiology, Evaluation, and Treatment of 88 common symptoms listed alphabetically for easy access.
- Etiology section encompasses both common and less frequent causes of symptoms, along with suggestive findings for each one.
- Section on Evaluation offers guidelines for patient history, physical examination, interpretation of findings, and testing. “Red flags” highlight indications of serious health conditions.
- Treatment section provides guidelines covering common therapies, including drugs and dosages.
- “Key points” summarize evaluation and treatment information for each symptom.
- Appendices contains information on Drug Treatment of Acute Pain and The Immunosuppressed Patient.