This bestselling text remains the study and review reference of choice for both residents and practicing anesthesiologists. Ideal for orals and continuing education preparation, Yao & Artusio’s Anesthesiology, 8th Edition,
uses a practical question-and-answer format to present more than 60 real-world cases, guiding you logically through the process of identifying effective options for patient care. Discussion of each case follows the questions, helping you understand the key knowledge needed for today’s surgical anesthesia and individualized patient management.
- Real-world cases cover the most critical anesthetic problems and incorporate questions commonly encountered on the wards, making this text excellent preparation for orals.
- Each chapter begins with a brief case presentation, followed by essential questions on medical disease and differential diagnosis, preoperative evaluation and preparation, intraoperative management, and postoperative management.
- Case discussion sections include updated references for further study and clarification.
- New chapters cover Ventricular Assist Devices, Tonsillectomy and Adenoidectomy Mechanical Circulatory support and bleeding tonsils.
- Problem-based approach emphasizes critical thinking, collaborative decision making, and problem-solving skills.
- Experts from Weill Cornell Medical College- New York Presbyterian Hospital and other renowned institutions contribute their knowledge and expertise to this 8th Edition.