EMS Notes: EMT & Paramedic Field Guide
delivers all of the essential facts and clinical information EMTs and paramedics need in the field and in the ED. This latest update, created in partnership with F. A. Davis Company, comes with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
From common medications and the interpretation of 12-lead ECGs to current algorithms and procedures, you'll find the answers to the questions that arise everyday, organized in 8 convenient sections.
- Contains all the facts and field information needed by EMTs and Paramedics
- Differentiates the skills and tasks performed at the basic and intermediate levels, as well as those performed by paramedics, identifying the primary responsibility of each
- Covers over 100 emergency and nearly 2,000 common prescription drugs
- Covers primary and secondary trauma, and offers a simple approach to the rapid triage of multiple patients
- Includes the most current CPR, ACLS, PALS, and NRP algorithms from the American Heart Association and the American Academy of Pediatrics
- Features Spanish translations of common medical terms, history, assessment and pain-related questions, the phonetic pronunciations, and includes questions which require ‘yes’ or ‘no’ responses