This new text/reference is designed to help nurse practitioner students learn how to effectively manage patients across the life span. Organized by anatomical areas, this text covers 310 disorders and conditions, with rationales and causes provided for abnormal lab and diagnostic test values. "Signal Symptoms" will assist your students in quickly locating potential diagnoses.
- A brief overview of relevant physiology and pathophysiology
- ICD codes for each disorder
- "Signal Symptoms" at the beginning of each disorder help the user target the most appropriate diagnosis
- Each monograph includes definition, etiology, occurrence, age, ethnicity, gender, contributing factors, signs and symptoms, diagnostic tests, differential diagnosis, treatment, follow-up, sequelae, prevention/prophylaxis, referral guidelines, education, and references
- Diagnostic data include rationales on why the test is ordered and a discussion of possible causes for abnormal lab values
- Comprehensive health promotion guidelines for each age group in Unit 1
- Alternative and complementary modalities included in management/treatment sections as appropriate
- Many monographs followed by a diagnostic decision tree to illustrate diagnostic or treatment reasoning
- Listing with common dermatologic conditions
- Website addresses for appropriate content areas and national organizations
- Organized by anatomical areas in a head-to-toe approach
- Each disorder chapter contains an overview of the essential elements to focus on during assessment
- Visual symbols such as Clinical Pearls, Age Related Considerations, Risk Factors, Red Flag, and Emergency Situation Signal Symptoms assist reader in quickly locating potential diagnoses
With Skyscape's patented smARTlink™ technology, NpFamily™ can easily cross-index with other clinical and drug prescription products from Skyscape to provide a powerful and integrated source of clinical information that you can carry with you wherever you go!