A revised and updated resource that describes 200+ commonly encountered medical-surgical disorders and procedures. More focuses on the procedures and treatments in which the nurse plays a major role. This latest update is based on the 9th
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Clinical Companion to Medical-Surgical Nursing: Assessment and Management of Clinical Problems
, contains commonly encountered medical-surgical diseases and disorders arranged alphabetically.
- For each profile, Disorders section includes the information about Description, Pathophysiology, Clinical Manifestations, Complications, Diagnostic Studies, Collaborative Care (including drug therapy), Nursing Management, Goals, Nursing Diagnoses (using the most current NANDA terminology), Patient and Caregiver Teaching and Nursing Interventions
- Treatments and Procedures section provides need-to-know information on common medical-surgical treatments and procedures such as CPR, tube feeding, and artificial airway management
- Reference Appendix features key reference information commonly used in nursing practice, including laboratory values, commonly used formulas, and Spanish translations of key phrases
- Includes 7 Flowcharts and 32 built-in calculators for making clinical decisions
- Patient teaching content is highlighted with a special icon, identifying information that patients and caregivers need to know about the care of various conditions
- Contains brief explanations of common medical-surgical treatments and procedures (e.g., pacemakers, oxygen therapy) in which the role of nurse is emphasized
32 Built-in Medical Calculators:
Provide instant access from within clinical topics to:
- Absolute Neutrophil Count
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Pulmonary Vascular Resistance Index (PVRI)
- Fluid Deficit
- Ideal Body Weight and many more!