Pain Management and Procedural Sedation Handbook: Mobile Medicine Series
equips you with the advanced techniques and the practical guidance you need to successfully manage a full range of pain management and procedural sedations problems. Coverage of emergency and non-emergency settings, pediatric considerations, basic pharmacology, end of life issues, and more prepare you to successfully handle any situation you may encounter.
Solutions containing both drug and procedural treatments help you provide efficient, effective care, while its user-friendly layout makes information accessible and easy to understand. This latest update is based on the 2008
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
- Concise primer on the basics of pain management and procedural sedation usefule for anesthesiology professionals
- Provides a broad introduction to the basics of acute pain management and procedural sedation
- Presents a balanced approach to pain management, combining techniques and agents such as neural blockade and parenteral therapy so you can optimally treat your patients
- Offers up-to-date expert guidance on pain management and procedural sedation, keeping you on the cusp of the latest advances
- Delivers key concepts in each section to help you communicate better at the bedside and on clinical rounds
- Includes basic pharmacology and considerations of alternative agents and methods so you have a more versatile approach to pain management
- Features a logical organization, quick reference tables, key point boxes, and focused content that get you to the answers you need in a flash