Developed to provide nurse clinicians with a resource for the management of adult critical care patients, Mosby's Critical Care Nursing Reference condenses the most essential information needed by nurses working in the ICU. The resource provides, information on broad topics that apply to a variety of critically ill patients, and detailed information on organ diseases. Therapeutic modalities and pharmacology are both examined, with information that is useful for the student, the new nurse, and the experienced professional.
- The latest information disorders, treatment, assessment, monitoring, pharmacology and therapeutic modalities incorporated throughout.
- Allows critical care nurses to quickly assess, diagnose, and facilitate the care of patients in an ICU setting.
- New sections on Palliative Care in the Critical Care Unit and Case Management in the Critical Care Unit have been included.
- Updated information is presented regarding pain control from the World Health Organization, as well as drug incompatibilities.
- Sections dedicated to psychosocial concerns, complementary therapies and the unique needs of a pediatric patient in an adult ICU.
- Discussions have been added on cortisol level testing, new laboratory tests such as brain naturetic peptide, and therapies used in end of life.
- Contains both general information on patient care, as well as specific details outlining nursing procedures in a professional setting.
- Organization of information allows for quick access of desired subject matter in critical care situations.
- Clearly organized appendices allow the user to rapidly obtain frequently needed data.
- Provided useful tools like organ donation guidelines, cardiopulmonary formulas, and drug dosage charts and conversion factors.
Provide instant access from within topics to
- Glasgow Coma Scale - Adult and Infant
- Drug Concentration
- Dose ordered by physician
- Infusion Rate for the IV Pump and IV Infusion Rate!