Know the risk versus the benefit, before you prescribe: the authoritative, updated 10th edition
of Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation remains the leading drug reference for treatment of pregnant or breastfeeding patients. Listing nearly 1,200 commonly prescribed drugs taken during pregnancy and lactation, each detailed, in-depth drug monograph offers a summary of known or possible effects on mother, embryo, fetus and nursing infant.
Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation
is a careful and exhaustive summarization of the world literature as it relates to drugs in pregnancy and lactation.
- 1200 commonly prescribed drugs including 120 new drugs
- Cross-referenced combination drugs
- New list of drugs contraindicated during breastfeeding
- New list of drugs contraindicated in pregnancy
- List of drugs known to cause human developmental toxicity
- More summaries at the beginning for pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Each monograph contains: generic name (in US); risk factor; pharmacologic class; fetal risk summary; breastfeeding summary; and updated references