With over 850 photographs, this resource offers a pictorial guide to performing each skill. This latest update is based on the 3rd
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Taylor's Clinical Nursing Skills: A Nursing Process Approach
provides guidance for 185 basic and advanced skills. Each skill includes equipment lists, assessment parameters, and nursing actions with rationales. It provides access to the know-how needed for safe and effective nursing care.
- Fundamental review section has been added to the end of each section in units I and II. This includes boxes, tables or figures that summarize important concepts that should be understood before performing a skill
- Step-by-Step skills are presented in a concise, straightforward, and simplified format to facilitate competent performance of nursing skills
- Hand Hygiene icons alert you to this crucial step that is the best way to prevent the spread of microorganisms
- Focus on Patient Care. Each chapter in Units I and II begins with a description of three real-world case scenarios that put the skills into context
- Patient Identification icons alert you to this crucial step ensuring the right patient receives the intervention and helping prevent errors
- Practice and Learn icons direct students to free activities that allow students to apply skills to patient care
- Integrated Case Studies. Unit III contains case studies designed to focus on integrating concepts
- 4 Built-in Medical Calculators and 3 flowcharts which act as step-by-step decision support tool
- Skill Variations provide clear, start-to-finish instructions for variations in equipment or technique
- Unexpected Situations are provided after the explanation of normal outcomes. Each situation is followed by an explanation of how best to react, with rationales.
- Nursing Alerts draw attention to crucial information
- Suggested Answers for Developing Critical Thinking Skills represent possible nursing care solutions to the problems
- Evidence for Practice highlights available best practice guidelines and/or research-based evidence to support the skills
- Abundantly illustrated, including approximately 850 figures, 250 of which are NEW to this edition
- Documentation Guidelines direct students and graduate nurses in accurate documentation of the skill and their findings