A quick and portable reference tool for explaining, preparing, and caring for patients before, during, and after common lab and diagnostic testing. This latest update is based on the 2nd
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Lab Notes: Guide to Lab & Diagnostic Tests
provides concise information explains lab reference ranges and considerations, diagnostic test purposes and procedures, pre-test preparation, and post-test care.
- Covers essentials for more than 400 lab and diagnostic tests
- Includes lab tests, radiography, arteriography, nuclear- and non-nuclear imaging, endoscopy, organ function and electrophysiology tests
- Panic lab levels and nurse alerts are identified
- Illustrations show positioning and views, tube top colors, examples of x-ray, mammogram, CT scan, MRI, ultrasound, whole skeleton bone scan, and lung scan images
- Patient education guidelines and tips
- Expanded coverage of lab tests, ECG interpretation and monitoring guide, nuclear medicine, ultrasound, and MRI
- Major sections include: Labs, X-rays, CT/MRI/US, Nuclear Scans, Other Tests, Tools
- Abnormal results for the 100 most commonly referenced tests and, where appropriate, the critical results and what to do about them