With up-to-date, clinically relevant information, Mosby's Diagnostic and Laboratory Test Reference
provides you with everything you need to know about laboratory and diagnostic tests. This latest update is based on the 10th
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Test entries are organized alphabetically and include the following information: alternate or abbreviated test names, type of test, normal findings, possible critical values, test explanation and related physiology, contraindications, potential complications, interfering factors, procedure and patient care (before, during, and after), and abnormal findings.
- Over 32 NEW tests, including age-related macular degeneration risk analysis, cell culture drug resistance testing, fluorescein angiography, HIV drug resistance testing, urea breath test, virus testing, and Vitamin D testing, present the latest information on diagnostic and laboratory testing
- Possible critical values are noted to alert the reader to situations requiring immediate intervention
- Lists of tests by body system and test type allow the reader to quickly locate related studies
- A symbol next to drug-related interfering factors highlight the effects of pharmacologic agents on tests
- Increased and decreased abnormal findings are highlighted
- Patient teaching-related care indicates information that should be shared with patients and their families
- User's Guide to Test Preparation and Performance provides an overview and guidelines for each type of laboratory test and diagnostic procedure to ensure safety and accuracy
- Abbreviations for tests are listed on the end papers and symbols and units of measurement are listed in an appendix