Physical Examination Procedures For Advanced Nurses and Independent Prescribers
is a quick reference guide to the procedures and skills needed to perform physical examination of adults, backed up with evidence and clinical guidelines enabling the reader to justify the way they perform each physical examination.
This latest update is based on the 2010
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
- An essential guide for students in specialist and advanced nurse practitioner courses, paramedics and supplementary and independent prescribers, including nurses, pharmacists, physiotherapists, podiatrists, and radiographers
- A systematic and methodical approach to examining each body system, with an emphasis on the importance of integrated examination
- Step-by-step checklists to aid in learning
- Clear diagrams help readers visualize tests and key clinical signs
- Case studies provide questions for self-assessment; answers demonstrate the importance of viewing the patient holistically
- Reflective practice is encouraged through examples of ethical and moral dilemmas encountered when examining patients
- Comprehensive but concise lists of 'rationale and possible pathology' for the examination procedures