The Harriet Lane Handbook of Pediatric Antimicrobial Therapy
provides evidence-based recommendations for antimicrobial therapy appropriate for infants, children and adolescents. This latest update is based on the 1st
edition and 2009
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
From the experts at Johns Hopkins University, who bring you the best-selling Harriet Lane Handbook
, this easy-to-use mobile resource expands on the indispensable Harriet Lane formulary to help you effectively treat a broad spectrum of pediatric infections.
- Complete listing of all antibiotics, non-antibiotic treatments and indications for use
- Current guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other authoritative sources
- Essential resource for busy house officers and residents in pediatric departments
- Expanded prescribing and dosing information
- Information regarding safety, likely antimicrobial resistance, pharmacokinetics and distribution, as well as efficacy
- Detailed discussions on antibiotic resistance and post exposure prophylaxis
- Dedicated section on adverse effects and drug resistance