Renowned for its holistic and "see and do" approach, Nurses' Handbook of Health Assessment
offers step-by-step guidance on every phase of the nursing assessment - for adults, children, and special populations. This latest update is based on the 7th
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
The focus is on what nurses need to know to assess clients: the health history, physical examination, normal and abnormal findings, nursing interventions and nursing diagnoses.
- Newly added section "Assessing Frail Elderly Clients" focuses on assessment of the frail elderly with complex problems that are frequently seen today in health care
- Identifies normal versus abnormal findings and supplies examples of precise descriptions of normal and abnormal findings that will assist the nurse with accurate documentation
- Includes a Spanish-to-English terminology appendix
- More illustrations of examination techniques
- Strong emphasis on deviations from normal findings
- Gives nurses instant access to all the assessment information they need
- Uses an easy to understand format that includes assessment techniques, and normal and abnormal findings
- This resource is geared specifically toward what the nurse needs to know to assess clients, including nursing interventions