Handbook of Veterinary Anesthesia
is a convenient, complete and practical resource for administering safe and effective anesthesia to small and large animals, including exotic pets. This latest update is based on the 4th
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
Long valued by students and practitioners alike, this resource features all the practical and applied aspects of veterinary anesthesia, including patient evaluation, preanesthetic medications, local anesthesia and anesthetic techniques, and more. It describes drugs used perioperatively and their clinical applications in detail and pays special attention to complementary and integrative approaches to pain management.
- Anesthetic protocols for common procedures in each species
- Updated drug information and new pain management techniques
- A new section discussing the unique anesthetic considerations in cats and their clinical applications
- The latest information on local anesthesia drugs and techniques
- Expanded coverage of post-anesthetic care, monitoring and analgesic considerations
- New coverage of the use of constant rate infusion perioperatively
- Expanded coverage of euthanasia, including the most current AVMA guidelines for euthanasia techniques
- Key points and special considerations are now called out in section "Box" to highlight the most important and critical information for immediate access
- Comprehensive yet concise quick reference offering on-the-go, indispensable advice for anesthetic situations
- Dedicated chapters for cats and dogs, and the special needs and considerations of each species are expanded for more comprehensive coverage
- Old and outdated drugs have been eliminated, so the focus is not on the history of veterinary anesthesia but on important, current concepts and techniques