For diabetes educators, keeping up-to-date with accurate information on drugs and dosing is challenging. The AADE Quick Guide to Medications
puts essential information at your fingertips. It provides you with accurate and current information in a concise, easy-to-use format.
This latest update is based on the 2010
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
- A must-have for practices and individual nurses, dietitians, and other healthcare professionals who work with persons with diabetes
- Includes comparisons of human insulins and analogs and provides storage guidelines for mixing insulins, prefilled syringes and pens
- Key information for insulins, fixed dose combinations, oral-glucose lowering agents including:
- Mechanism of Action
- Adverse Effects
- Sections on Common Agents for Blood Pressure Control in Patients with Diabetes , Cholesterol Control in Diabetic Patients and Recommended Priorities and Suggested Drug Therapy for Patients with Diabetes and Dyslipidemia
- Includes vital information on Drug-Disease and Drug-Drug Interactions, Treatment of Hypoglycemic Emergency, and Herbs, Supplements and Diabetes