Ferri's Best Test - A Practical Guide to Laboratory Medicine and Diagnostic Imaging
equips you to quickly choose the most efficient and cost-effective diagnostic approach, including imaging or lab tests.
It presents complete guidance on both radiologic and laboratory approaches in a single, user-friendly source. This latest update is based on the 2nd
edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
- Designed for use by medical students, interns, residents, practicing physicians, and other health care personnel who deal with laboratory testing and diagnostic imaging in their daily work
- Features 184 new tests in an expanded laboratory test section
- 8 additional diagnostic radiological modalities, including computed tomographic colonography, video capsule endoscopy, and intravascular ultrasonography
- 30 new algorithms in an expanded algorithm section, to provide you with the latest options for obtaining optimal diagnostic outcomes
- Examines over 384 laboratory tests, describing the normal range of results in adult patients, typical abnormalities (positive tests, increased or decreased values), and the likeliest causes
- Explores 231 common diseases and disorders, providing algorithms to help you select the single best test for diagnosing each condition
- Includes IU units added to all laboratory tests, to make the guidance more useful to clinicians practicing outside of the US
- Offers concise, well-organized guidance to the most common lab tests and diagnostic imaging modalities, all in one single resource, that makes reference remarkably fast and easy
- Describes the most common imaging studies for each organ system, reviewing their indications, advantages, disadvantages, and approximate costs to simplify your decision-making process