The Society of Thoracic Surgeons Practice: Guidelines for the Management of Barrett's Esophagus With High-Grade Dysplasia
is designed to assist physicians and other health care providers in clinical decision-making by describing a range of generally acceptable approaches for the diagnosis, management, or prevention of specific diseases or conditions.
The standard of care has traditionally been esophagectomy. However, a number of treatment options aimed at esophageal preservation are increasingly being utilized by many centers. These esophageal-sparing approaches include
- Endoscopic Surveillance
- Mucosal ablation
- Endoscopic mucosal resection
- Physical Examination
- Patient Selection for Surveillance
- Biopsy Protocol
- Pathologist Interpretation of High-Grade Dysplasia
- Morbidity and Mortality of Esophagectomy Specifically for HGD
- Overall Survival of Patients Undergoing Esophagectomy for Preoperative Diagnosis of High-grade Dysplasia
- and more ...