The Asthma - Youth >=12 Years of Age and Adults GUIDELINES Pocketcard™
is endorsed by the American College of Chest Physicians (ACCP) and based on the latest ACCP guidelines.
This practical quick-reference tool contains age-specific screening, diagnostic, treatment algorithm, drug therapy, dosing information, patient monitoring and counseling points. This latest update is based on the 2009
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates.
- Contains society-endorsed evidence-based treatment guidelines in a brief algorithmic format that is most preferred by practicing clinicians, quality managers, nurses, educators, and medical students
- Provides all that is needed to make accurate clinical decisions at the point of care including:
- Key Points
- Asthma Determination Algorithm
- Asthma Severity Classification and Treatment Initiation, Control & Therapy, Stepwise Approach
- Management of Asthma Exacerbations Algorithm: Emergency Department and Hospital-Based Care
- Control of Environmental Factors Exacerbating Asthma
- Criteria Supporting Hospital Admission for Acute Exacerbation of Asthma
- Current Medication Tables with Brand and Generic Names for Children and Adults
- Detailed drug information: strengths, formulations, comments