gives you quick accurate identification of oral tablets and capsules used in North America by the identification code imprinted on all medications, and includes NDC numbers, manufacturers, use, doses, etc.
Identification information is now so important, because the appearance of medications is changing so often. There are more generic versions of drugs, insurance reasons are causing frequent changes in prescribed medications. Pharmaceutical tablets and capsules are imprinted with identification codes on them. This latest update is based on the 2009
print edition with additional features, enhanced functionality and ongoing updates!
- This compilation of drug identification codes is the most complete drug identification database in existence anywhere covering drug identification information for more than 30,000 entries.
- Identifies drug products by the codes imprinted on them as well as the color and shape of the product.
- Gives the national drug code (NDC #) as well as the drug class.
- If the drug is a narcotic or in one of the schedules determined by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the schedule information is also shown.
- Law enforcement officers have found this Database extremely useful as they encounter legal and illegal medications.
- Invaluable tool for pharmacists, emergency medical personnel, physicians, and nurses who frequently need to be able to identify tablets and capsules.