Prepared by cardiology fellows and residents and reviewed by attending cardiologists, this handy invaluable resource is a pragmatic guide to the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management of cardiovascular disease. This latest update is based on the 2nd
edition with additional features and enhanced functionality.
It covers symptoms and diseases, inpatient and outpatient approaches, and acute and chronic problems. Emphasizes current guidelines from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology.
- Seven new sections on New Imaging and Diagnostic Testing Modalities (Cardiac CT, Cardiac MRI, PET, IVUS), Peripheral Arterial Disease, Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease, Venous Thrombosis, Cardiovascular Diseases in Special Populations, Advanced Electrocardiography and Cardiac Evaluation of Patients Undergoing Non-cardiac surgery.
- An appendix facilitates quick recall of the most common cardiovascular medications, common doses, and important side effects.
- Covers both inpatient and outpatient approaches with the same front-lines practicality as the world-famous The Washington Manual of Medical Therapeutics.
- Contains symptom-oriented and disease-oriented sections with coverage of both acute and chronic problems.
- Sections on Management of anticoagulation in patients requiring surgical procedures, and Procedures in cardiovascular critical care (intra-aortic balloon pump, temporary transvenous pacemaker, Swan-Ganz catheterization).
- Emphasizes current guidelines from the American Heart Association and American College of Cardiology.
- An innovative appendix allows for a quick recall of the most common cardiovascular medications, common doses, and important side effects.